• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Structure: Show Epics for Stories based upon a Story query

Hi, not sure if I'm being stupid but I am trying to show stories and their epics in Structure based upon a query against the stories.

So for example:

project = PRO AND issuetype = Story and sprint in (956, 966)

Will retrieve the stories for the selected sprints, but the Epics aren't in those sprints. Is it possible for Structure to pull these Epics back and only the Epics associated to the Stories in the Query?

2 answers

Hi @Stuart Gray 

What can be done is you can include Epic Link to the query in order to fetch the issues related to epic.

For example,

project = Pro AND Epic Link = "<issue-key>(pro-2)" AND sprint in (956,966)

here the issue-key is the epic issue key.

the above query results all the issues under the particular epic

Hi thanks, I don't think that works. I want to retrieve Epics without having to put the specific link in. So where I have retrieved the stories, i want to show their parents.

Did you try to use "parentEpic" ? i dunno how well will it satisfy your needs but this will list the epic as well all the issues associated with the epic.

Hello Stuart,

For adding Epics to Stories that are already added to the structure, you can simply add the Group by Epic generator and parent Epics will appear above their Stories.
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Adding+a+Generator

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at support.almworks.com and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you