Structure: Show Epics for Stories based upon a Story query

Stuart Gray December 24, 2019

Hi, not sure if I'm being stupid but I am trying to show stories and their epics in Structure based upon a query against the stories.

So for example:

project = PRO AND issuetype = Story and sprint in (956, 966)

Will retrieve the stories for the selected sprints, but the Epics aren't in those sprints. Is it possible for Structure to pull these Epics back and only the Epics associated to the Stories in the Query?

2 answers

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2020

Hello Stuart,

For adding Epics to Stories that are already added to the structure, you can simply add the Group by Epic generator and parent Epics will appear above their Stories.
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Adding+a+Generator

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at support.almworks.com and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

0 votes
Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2019

Hi @Stuart Gray 

What can be done is you can include Epic Link to the query in order to fetch the issues related to epic.

For example,

project = Pro AND Epic Link = "<issue-key>(pro-2)" AND sprint in (956,966)

here the issue-key is the epic issue key.

the above query results all the issues under the particular epic

Stuart Gray December 24, 2019

Hi thanks, I don't think that works. I want to retrieve Epics without having to put the specific link in. So where I have retrieved the stories, i want to show their parents.

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2019

Did you try to use "parentEpic" ? i dunno how well will it satisfy your needs but this will list the epic as well all the issues associated with the epic.

Suggest an answer