Structure Plugin doesn't show correct progress for one of the epics on the fix version

Nazee June 1, 2017

I have created a structure to help me keep track of our progress for our software release (Jira version). The progress bar shows correct progress for most of our epics except for one epic.

Below are the information about the epic with the issue. The epic progress line shows 100% green which means all 18 points are completed which is not true.

If I look at under the epic it shows all the information below but the epic progress bar doesn't reflect the correct progress

1. total of 6 userstories/tasks 

2. Total story points for 6 user stories/tasks = 18 story points

3. Only 1 task for total of 2 points is completed

4. We need to complete 16 story points

Note: Epic progress line shows all 18 points completed. If you click on the epic and look at all 6 user stories/tasks, you see only 1 story for 2 story point is completed.

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2017

Hello Nazee,

Thank you for your request and sorry for the late response - questions here are overlooked sometimes since we’re primarily handle requests submitted directly through our Service Desk.

Our guess here is that the said Epic has a ‘Resolved’ status itself and the Progress column is based on Resolution Only. In this case, sub-issues’ statuses won’t be taken into account when progress bar is calculated. We would suggest to use Progress based on Status instead where you can also select option ‘Ignore parent issue progress’ so the bar would be filled only by the progress made with child-issues.

But if it’s not the reason for the Epic’s progress behaviour, we would need to investigate this issue properly and ask you to send the screenshots of the Progress column configuration and the Epic in the structure. So if the issue is still relevant and the assistance still needed, please feel free to create a ticket at the Service Desk - https://support.almworks.com and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Suggest an answer