Structure Plugin - Issues cannot be added to non-epics

Hi

Just started using structure plugin.

I created a agile structure, enabled it for project. In project added 1 epic, 1 story and 2 tasks.

Here are some questions:

1. Epic showed up automatically under structure (why)
  2. In 2 panel window, I could drag and drop story under epic, but when I try to add task under story it shows message as shown below - (what is the issue and how do I resolve)

structure1.png

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

That sounds like normal behavior. In Agile, you should use Epic > Story > Subtask. "Task" is an issue type at the same issue level as Story, which is probably why you're not allowed to put it underneath the story (although that's a restriction that probably can be removed in a setting somewhere).

In any case, use a Subtask instead of a Task to add under a Story and you should be fine.

I am trying to create a hierarchy EPIC-Story-Task-Subtask. I did not find any setting to allow tasks under story.

I created subtask from storyA menu in structure, it did not appear under storyA. I then tried to drag and drop from double pane. It did not let me do it and I got the message as shown in the image below

structure2.png

Hi Abe,

To get your sub-tasks in there, add a Sub-task extender (Automate + > Extend > Sub-tasks...).

To add more issues under sub-tasks, you'll need a Links extender (Automate + > Extend > Linked Issues...) with an appropriate type of issue link.

Also limit the scope (using the Extend levels option) of both the Sub-task and Links extenders to the levels where you actually want them to operate.

The Links extender should be above the Sub-task extender in the list of generators.

Feel free to contact me on robert@almworks.com for a demo or in case you need help.

Cheers,

Robert

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you