Structure.Gantt - how to show working day exceptions on Gantt chart

Camille December 11, 2018

Hi there

I have a Jira Sructure set up as a Gantt chart. I had edited the configuration so that it is usinga specific working calendar that has our Christmas shutdown days as exceptions.

This is reflected in the duration of the tasks in the Gantt chart (i.e. one going across the Christmas break is now extended), however I cannot visually see this as a grey background on the Gantt chart, like weekends are shown.

To the external viewer it's not obvious that we're closed over Christmas on the Gantt chart, so it just looks like those tasks are massively long.

How can I make the Gantt chart visually show the exception days in grey background?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Aleksandr Bedovyi December 5, 2022

@Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_ hello !

Could you give more detail about progress for this feature "indicate on a timeline non-working days" ? 

Best Regards,

Aleksandr

0 votes
David Antebi April 6, 2020

Hi @Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_

My working days are Sunday - Thursday and I set my work calendar accordingly.

For some reason Friday is not grey in the Gantt view, can you help me with that?

Thanks,

David

alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

Hi David!

How have you configured it?

Here is a way it works for me:

1. I have created a new work calendar and use "Default" as a calendar the new one is Based On

2. I have defined the new one as: 

{"week": {"friday": [], "sunday": [{"start": 900,"finish": 1700}]}}

Please, note that you just need to define things that you're going to override, everything that isn't mentioned should be taken from the calendar the new one is based on.

Regards, Alexey

ALM Works

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2018

Hello Camille,

Currently exceptions added to a calendar are not indicated on a timeline in any way. But we already have an improvement in our backlog that will color full days off grey, the same as weekends right now.

It's not scheduled for a particular release yet, but if you would be interested, we can notify you via email once the feature is out.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Camille January 1, 2019

Yes please notify me when this feature is available.

Suggest an answer