Strike Through Issues by Scrumboard

Max Heidenreich March 20, 2014

Hello Everybody,

i am new here and thats my first Question i like to be answered. A month ago i created a scrumboard for our company. With it i created a new workflow which is working with 7 colums. The Workflow does work very well.

So now i add Transition-Views. Since i integrated that feature all tickets with the resolution "fixed" are strike through. I dont want it that way because the tickets are still in progress (move to next column -> done -> client review -> client approved).

My wish is that all tickets which got the resoultion "done" are stroke out, because with our last step and the transition from client review to client approved the Issues are getting the "done" -resolution. With that step the Issues can be stroke out.

But there is one thing i am wondering about: With the agile classic view all the issues with "fixed" resolution arent stroke out. Only when there are moved to the last Column there will be stroke out. That is very cool. Is it possible to set up the last column of my new scrumboard (client approved) so all the tickets in there will be stroke out?

I hope you can help me

Greatings max.

3 answers

0 votes
Max Heidenreich April 13, 2014

Hi Luther and Nic,

thank you for responses. I feel sorry to be so late with my answer. I tried to fix my problem and i took your resloutions in consideration but i doesnt work. For now i ignored the transitions-screen with an resolution-field in my early workflow steps, because with it a ticket isnt stroke-through by an unusefull step. Furthermore it is still inelegant.

Luther, i tried your resolution and send by the transition-screen with the resolution-field a post-function which remove the resolutiuon again. Of course that isnt working but thats what i trried. So i giuess there arent more options to find a resolution?

Greetings. Max

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2014

I'm not sure what the problem is here any more.

As we've both pointed out - an issue with a resolution is struck-out, an issue without one is not. You need to adjust your workflow so that it sets and clears the resolution at the right times. You can't "ignore transistion screens" - if the resolution is on them, then it will be set as the transition runs and that could be wrong.

And, remember, for data that is currently wrong, you have to repair it as well - once your workflow is correct, you still have issues with the wrong resolutions set. So you need to think about correcting them.

0 votes

Hey Luther. Thank you for your quick response. I checked all post-functions and tried a few settings. Now i unterstood the system and that brings to me a lot of new knowledge. On the other hand i couldnt fixed my problem. It doenst matter if i change the resolution to fixed, wont fix, done etc .. everytime my issue is stroke through.

Do you know the specific postfunction i need to use? For now i go without the tansition-view including the resolution-field. I just made a transition-view where al the users can add a comment or change the assignee. But that isnt the elegant solution.

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Yes this is possible. You need to check on all of your transitions in your workflow and see what post functions are applied. You probably have a post function applied too early in the workflow that sets the resolution for you, or you have some screens that show up on transitions that have the resolution field shown and it's letting them set a resolution too early.

If you apply a post function on the last transition in the workflow or show the resolution field on a screen in the last transition, this will prevent the issues from being crossed out when they are still in progress.

Hey Luther. Thank you for your quick response. I checked all post-functions and tried a few settings. Now i unterstood the system and that brings to me a lot of new knowledge. On the other hand i couldnt fixed my problem. It doenst matter if i change the resolution to fixed, wont fix, done etc .. everytime my issue is stroke through.

Do you know the specific postfunction i need to use? For now i go without the tansition-view including the resolution-field. I just made a transition-view where al the users can add a comment or change the assignee. But that isnt the elegant solution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2014

It's a bit more simple.

• If the resolution is set to *anything*, (i.e. the field in the database is physically non-empty), then the issue is resolved and will be struck out. Note that adding resolution values like "unresolved" or "not done" still make it resolved - they're still non-empty data, and mean "resolved".
  • If the resolution is *cleared* (set to "empty" or "none" by a post-function is the usual way to do it), then the issue is open and will not be struck out.

That's why you're getting your data sets looking like they do, Luther is suggesting you fix your workflow so that it sets or clears the resolution appropriately. And remove it from any screens where you don't want to set it. Once you've fixed the workflow, then you can move on to getting the old data corrected.

Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Any resolution status at all will cause the issue to have a strike through it. No matter if its won't fix, done, fixed, or any other custom value. You just have to make sure that you don't set any resolutions at all until the final transition. Look at the reopen issue transition. It removes the resolution value. (If you have that transition). Just make sure a resolution doesn't get set at all until it should have a strike through it. That is the only way to remove the strike through is to remove the resolution. If a ticket has any resolution at all, it will get the strike through it.

Suggest an answer