Strange issue "skeletons" visible after re-index

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Hey,

I have a strange problem... I did a full re-index last friday. Today I found some issues (5 total) that were created some weeks ago but shouldn't have been created at all.

They look like clones of issues that have been created a few minutes later but with all the required fields missing... One example:

I have three issues (created 9:00, 9:00 and 9:05 A.M.). All issues have the same summary "XXX" but the first two don't have the information that the user has to enter upon issue creation. I mean I have configured some fields to be required but regarding those two issues the fields are empty. The third issue looks normal. They all have consecutive keys and don't show any anomalies in the DB... Could it have anything to do with field configurations etc. that have been altered while JIRA was up and running?

Has anyone ever experienced sth. like that? BTW, they aren't "ghost" issues and can be viewed normally.

Any help is being appreciated

Cheers

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

but shouldn't have been created at all

If you have the access logs from that time, then you can find out who created them. If not, you're out of luck and you have to watch out for these kind of issues again. What you can do is create a filter subscription with criteria which will catch these issues.

Suggest an answer