Strange Warnings: Notification exists for uninstalled and unrequested plugin

onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

The following warning pops up since some time now ... and I have NO idea, what this is about.

2012-12-20 16:43:57,364 http-9080-6 WARN fmfinkdo 1003x4341x1 14rfo6o 172.27.32.18,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/notifications [notification.rest.representations.NotificationRepresentationFactoryImpl] Notification exists for uninstalled and unrequested plugin: com.atlassian.bonfire.plugin

We had Bonfire installed and removed it because it wasn't used. Where is this warning coming from, what has to be done to remove it?

Thanks for any hints.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

After contacting Atlassian Support, we were finally able to fix those warning messages. All of the following steps were done while JIRA was SHUT DOWN.

1. Check if there are any custom fields left, which were configured during the Bonfire installation:

select * from customfield where customfieldtypekey like '%bonfire%';

2. Delete the custom fields, if existing:

delete from customfield where customfieldtypekey like '%bonfire%';

3. The warning mentioned in my question was caused by invalid Bonfire entries in the propertyentry table. Those had to be removed manually:

delete from propertyentry where property_key like '%notification%' and property_key like '%bonfire%';

After those steps, the warning messages were gone ... and never came back. Hope this helps other people with the same problem :D

1 vote
Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013

I have the same problem. But, when I run the querys on the DB i get a empty result.

select * from jiraschema.propertyentry where property_key like '%notification%' and property_key like '%bonfire%'

No result.

Do anyone have a guess, why i'm still rechiving these log messages about a uninstalled plugin?

Guillaume Perrot November 7, 2013

I have the very same problem.

1 vote
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Hi,

@Renjith: Nope, they have not. I know for sure because I'm the one person accessing this JIRA instance (test environement).

@John: Bonfire plugin is in conflict ... with what, if the appropriate plugin isn't installed at all?!? The resolution can't be to re-install a not-used plugin, just to get rid of the annoying (and log file spamming) warning messages.

Any other ideas?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

And do you have the plugin in your browser? ;)

onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Very funny :P

0 votes
Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013

I have the same problem. But, when I run the querys on the DB i get a empty result.

select * from jiraschema.propertyentry where property_key like '%notification%' and property_key like '%bonfire%'

No result.

Do anyone have a guess, why i'm still rechiving these log messages about a uninstalled plugin?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2012

Are your users having bonfire plugin for the browser installed and still accessing this JIRA instance? This may be the reason.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2012

Hi Dominic,

This is a warning message that happen when bonfire plugin is in conflict and do no harm on JIRA instance. If you feel the warning message is annoying, please install back the bonfire plugin again.

Regards,

John Chin

Derek Sheeman May 13, 2014

Atlassian, this really is an unhelpful comment, plugins should be able to be uninstalled without a permanent flood of messages spewing into your logs for all time.

I am getting the same for a gantt chart plugin that was removed, reinstalling it is not an option as it is no longer licensed.

Suggest an answer