Story with Done status are marked as Discontinued

yogesh tripathi June 9, 2017

In our project we recently started observing that story with Done status are marked as Discontinued .How we can change it to show as Done.

2 answers

0 votes
yogesh tripathi June 9, 2017

Thanks Branden con you please let me know how to check workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

The easiest way to see it is to go to an issue and click the "view workflow" link under the status and resolution.  If that is not there, you'll need to adjust the permissions to allow you to see it.

Either way, to look at and fix the workflow, go to the project admin settings to work out what workflow is in use, descend into it and click "edit".

Look specifically for "post functions" that might set the resolution to "discontinued", as that's probably what is wrong.  It might also be the "transition screen" for the transitions - if it includes "resolution" as a field, and the default is "discontinued", then your users might be just letting the default pass.

Mike Haarstick June 12, 2017

Picking up from Yogesh....

This change was sudden and occurred after the login was changed from what we set up three years ago to this new format (using google).  We did not make any changes to our workflow for two years so this is clearly a change on the JIRA side.  As with all "upgrades", basic and useful functions are changed or discontued.  In there place are confusing and largely useless new features.  I will look into the areas you are suggesting, but this will require a complete rebuild of everything we set up.  Thanks JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

The resolution has nothing to do with changes to the login, that's a complete red-herring.

It is definitely something in your configuration too - "Discontinued" is not an off-the-shelf resolution, it's something your admins have done.

Mike Haarstick June 12, 2017

I am the admin and I have not made any changes to the statuses and "Discontinued" was never a selection.  These happened at the same time as the login change.  Not to say ot was the login that caused the change, just that the login changes coincided with the change,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2017

If you have a resolution of "discontinued", then an administrator added it.   A couple of add-ons I know will add resolutions when they are installed, so that might be inadvertent.  Similarly for status if that's what is meant (it's not clear from the conversation what is happening - is it a status or a resolution being set?  Or something else?)

But I can't tell you how you added it, and I don't know what changes you've made to make it happen.  This "discontinued" simply is not part of a standard JIRA, it is part of your config.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

Hi Yogesh,

I have not seen a Discontinued status which means this could very well be a custom Status that was created.  I would start by checking your workflow statuses and your transitions to see what they point to and make any necessary changes. 

One thing I have noticed is in the attempt to make a new status one of the original status' will be renamed which renames that status in all projects so make sure that is not the case as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer