Story status is incorrect

I would like to filter all the stories that have incorrect status 

For Example :

I have my sub-tasks are closed and story status is not updated by my team and it remain in "In-progress"

I would like to identify those stories using JQL. Let me know if we have any query for it ?

1 answer

If I am understanding correctly, you want to find Stories where Sub Tasks are closed. You can use script runner JQL function 'parentsOf'

Ex.  issueFunction in parentsOf("status=closed")

OR 

issueFunction in parentsOf("project = JRA and status not in Open")

I assume '!' will work for the query. I referred it from here https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_parentsof

Nope. Its doesnt give the required results

Suhas Patil Community Champion Nov 14, 2017

Seems like difficult to find parent issue where all sub tasks are closed. But you can find parent issue where at least one sub task is closed with this query.

issueFunction in parentsOf("status not in ('To Do','In Progress',Open,Reopened)") 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,317 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot