Story should not be done until and unless its sub task has been done

Tauqir Rao October 30, 2019

I have two roles "Product Owner" and "Scrum Master" who can initiate done transition in story. So I used "Any Of Following Conditions". 

Now I add "Sub Task Blocking Condition" for my required goal. But due to OR condition JIRA does not bother whether "Sub Task Blocking Condition" is fulfilled or not. 

How to accomplish required goal?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @Tauqir Rao

You can do this using grouped conditions - to do this:

• Go to your transition's conditions properties
  • Add the Sub Task Blocking Condition first
  • Next add the first role condition - Product Owner
  • Once you add this, to the right-hand side an icon should appear on the role condition, it's an arrow which splits into two arrows. This allows you to add a grouped condition. Click this.
  • Add the second role condition - Scrum Master
  • Set the overall grouping to "All Conditions" - and the sub-group you've created to "Any Conditions"

^ This should help you achieve what you're trying to do.

Ste

Tauqir Rao October 31, 2019

Its Perfect @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thanks!

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Hiiii @Tauqir Rao 

- In parent workflow (story) define a condition like: Condition to block parent issue transition depending on sub-task status. (Sub-Task Blocking Condition) and then you see this condition:

All sub-tasks must have one of the following statuses to allow parent issue transitions: Done

- In the sub-issues workflow (sub-task) define a post function like Transition current subtask's parent issue (Transition parent issue (JMWE add-on)) and then you see this post function:

The first applicable transition from this list will be triggered on the parent issue:

• Close Issue of workflow Service Request Onboarding

consider that this popst function must be after Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.

Best regards

Tauqir Rao October 30, 2019

Hey @Ashkan Malekly Thanks for your response. But I cannot use Paid Add-On. Can we do this task within JIRA configurations? Please

Suggest an answer