Story points are not synchronized in Portfolio

Deleted user July 20, 2016

Hi,

I am creating a plan in Portfolio and I have a problem. I chose Story Points as the planning unit and none of the stories or epics show any Story Points in my plan. However many stories have Story Points in JIRA. When i change to hours, I can see hours from the stories but nothing if I choose story points...

The Story Point field I chose is the same as the one used in the Agile Board.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2016

Hi Nicolas,

How's it goin'? Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. We've seen this kind of behaviour for when projects have erroneous duplicate custom fields. This seems to happen through past failed upgrades or (de)installation of plugins.

Portfolio will always refer to the default story points field. If you could check in your admin settings if there is a duplicate custom field for story points and then set all your projects to use the default one.

If the above doesn't seem to be the case for you, I would ask you to file a support ticket so that we can take a closer look. 
https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/28 

Cheers,
Allard 

Deleted user July 21, 2016

Hi, 

Thanks for the very quick answer!

I found the problem and it is hilarious (or sad depending on your point of view...)

We (as an organisation) changed the name of the original Story Points Custom Field to something else. We used that renamed field for a while and forgot we ever changed the name of the field. We then started wondering why we were using that weirdly named field and phased out its use in favor of a new Custom Field we created named Story Points... And that's why the Story Points field does not work but that other weird field works...

How funny...

Now starts the tedious process of copying all the SPs back to the original field and changing its name back to Story Points. I can't wait to do that... sad

Thanks again

Deleted user July 22, 2016

Hi again,

I was wondering how Portfolio chooses the Custom Field ID of the Story Points. A quick search on the web shows that different people seem to have different IDs for the Story Points field. Hence, how does Portfolio choose? Is it possible to tell Portfolio which ID to use? And for that matter, is it possible to tell Agile which field to use as the default Story Point field?

Thanks for your help!

Nic

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

I know that JIRA Agile/Software refers to the associated fields in the database. Portfolio could lift that data or determine it on it's own, but database modification is difficult. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events