It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Story point estimate not showing on burndown report for nextgen template

Hi,

I was setting my Story Point Estimate for the tickets we have on our board when I notice something odd. In my board, I can see my estimates are reflected correctly.

img1.png

And on the Issue itself I can see this estimate too:

img2.png

On the backlog, it is also reflected correctly

img4.png

But for some reason, if I look into the burndown chart I don't see the estimates there

img3.png

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I am using the next-gen template

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Ismael,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please, check the steps below to properly troubleshoot the problem:

- Navigate to your Next-gen project > Project settings > Features > Check if the estimation feature is turned on

- Double-check if you are using the correct Story Point estimate (Created by JIRA) to estimate your issues, instead of any other custom field. You can check this under project settings > Issue Layout > Clicking in the relevant issue type

- Are you using a Classic board to work with your Next-gen issues? If you are, the Story points field of next-gen are not taken into account for Classic reports, as you can see in this feature request:

- As a user, I only want 1 story points field, shared between classic and next-gen 

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

838 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you