Story point disappeared from the classic software project

Vahan Alaverdyan October 18, 2021

Dear community, 

A while ago I tried to install two free of charge time report apps, for the cloud project as it has very limited reporting tools. Instead, a while later I noticed that story point field has disappeared from the Classic software project. I have tried different resets and settings however no luck. 

How can I fix it so that I can start a new sprint? SO FRUSTRATING. PLEASE HELP. I have also filed a ticket to support but no reply yet. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Vahan Alaverdyan,

It seems rather unlikely that the story points feature disappeared altogether from your instance. At first glance, I would think it is more likely that a configuration glitch somehow made the story points custom field invisible. That may be related to the field configuration scheme of your project or the context configuration of the story points field. Or maybe accidentally the estimation statistic of your board was changed to time tracking instead of story points.

To verify that last option, navigate to board settings of your scrum board and check what option is selected as the estimation statistic.

To dig deeper into the other configuration options, I might refer to this related question, where some very good pointers on disappearing story point fields have been listed.

Hope this helps!  

Vahan Alaverdyan October 21, 2021

Thank you for your effort to help me. Actually, I had tried what you recommended, and also after your recommendation, I tried it again. Unfortunately, it didn't work. To fix this issue I had to modify the Custom field Story points configuration to Globa Context from a specific project that we run. It seems someone messed up with that setting and set the Custom field story points configuration to one of the projects that uses Kanban. You can see the screenshot. I have highlighted the company-sensitive information. For each user it includes different personal project information. 

Screen issue.JPG

Hope this will help someone in the future. 

Much love from Armenia and once more thank you for helping me @Walter Buggenhout 

Vahan

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

That's awesome! Thanks for that extensive and clear heads-up, @Vahan Alaverdyan. Could you take a second to mark the answer as accepted as well? That makes it easier to find for users with a similar problem! 

Vahan Alaverdyan October 22, 2021

Done!!! thank you.

V.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders