Story moved back from a "Done" status to an "In Progress" status doesn't appear in new Sprint

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

Hi, first time user of the forum and novice to Jira.

We are using Jira for a Scrum project and have recently reassigned a number of "Done" stories back to a "In Progress" status on the system. 

All seems fine in the actual story, I can change the status type (based on our status workflow) and update the Sprint field to either current open or future sprints. However, when looking at my Backlog, Active Sprints or Reports none of these items appear. 

Any idea why and how I can fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Mark Dixon 

Welcome to the Community!

Can you see if the stores still have a 'resolution' even though they've been moved back from done.  This is usually the problem as Jira thinks it is resolved.

Thanks,

Liam

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

Hi @Liam Green 

When you say "Resolution" - where would I find this?

Thanks

Mark

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Mark Dixon 

It's usually next to the Status - and will show a green tick and generally the word 'done'

image.png

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

Hi

That was the previous status. Now showing

image.png

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

Hmmm... not what I thought then.

Can you give us the JQL for the backlog / active sprint and we can see if there is anything in there that looks obvious

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

We have a very simple workflow

image.png

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

Hi

The standard reports are not showing the same result as:

project = "WPS MWS project" AND Sprint in openSprints()

This actually provides the information that I want - problem is that my users aren't going to that level and want to only click the link to their active sprint 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

Hi Mark

What happens when you do an advanced search for the following:

project = "project name" AND status = "Addressing Feedback" AND resolution is not EMPTY

Obviously you'll need to put the correct project in.

Could you screenshot the result for me please?

Thanks,

Liam

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

I can see that it is showing Resolution as Done. How can I change this?

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

image.png

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2021

Hi

You'd need to amend your workflow so that when a ticket goes to an 'open' state the resolution is cleared.

What you'll then need to do is bulk transition them all to closed, then back to your 'awaiting feedback' status

Mark Dixon June 3, 2021

Hi

Done all of that and it has removed the Resolution of "Done", so successful there - however, still not showing in the Reports

image.png

image.png

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

Hi @Mark Dixon 

In that case then, I'm stumped.  We don't actually use sprints that often, so it isn't entirely an area of expertise.

I have found this article, the last section seems like it might be helpful...

Could you get a screenshot of the board settings and I'll see if anything looks amis.

Thanks,

Liam

Like Mark Dixon likes this
Mark Dixon June 4, 2021

Hi @Liam Green 

I've managed to get there - this issue was to do with the Board Settings and that the new status that I had created was sitting in the "Unmapped Status" column on the far Right of the Column Management screen.

Phew!

Thank you so much for your help on this. Very much appreciated!

Cheers

Mark

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2021

Hi @Mark Dixon 

I'm very glad we managed to get there and that the issue is now resolved.

If you think my answers were useful, please feel free to 'accept' the answer at the top of this page.

Thanks,

Liam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events