It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Story estimation on Kanban backlog

I want to have the estimation component (number in grey circle) on the Kanban backlog board (Estimation.png). When i add it as a story point field it doesn't appear in the grey circle, it doubles the size of each ticket and just adds a number below. (See Kanban.png). 

Estimation.png

How it currently is working:Kanban.png

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

That functionality is currently not availible with the Kanban backlog.

If you compare documentation for Kanban and Scrum, you will see this is not one of the listed functionalities. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-kanban-backlog-856846180.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-scrum-backlog-764478062.html

Thank you for your answer. Would be great if they could add it as functionality 

I doubt it will ever happen - the area at the top right is for the estimation statistic, which can only ever be one value.

i am with all the other users on this topic who are requesting the estimation option. 

It would be very helpful to being able to add estimations to Kanban issuers. 

Agree - it would be extremely useful to show the estimate on the kanban backlog, helps with prioritisation.

I would like to have the same functionality to have estimations in Kanban-Board. It helps you visualize effort on tasks on a glance. Also the estimation statistics would be great in an environment when you can't run "full scrum".

That would be very useful for me as well.

I've lost faith in Atlassian ever doing something the community is actually keen on.

Like # people like this

I would love to have the little gray circle with estimation (we use it for business value) in the Kanban board.

Like Robert Roxin likes this

Incredible that this isn't available by default and that they haven't added yet with Kanban practices as defined by LKU/David Andersen growing across the industry - Kanban isn't just first in first out, policies dictate work, and estimation, while not required in a WIP-centric model, nevertheless can be utilized for planning and replenishment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

260 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you