Story and Sub Task date relationship

a594141 April 12, 2017

Hello. I am using Sub Tasks in my JIRA project and I have two questions:

1- Is there a way to link the due date of the sub task to the due date of the story? If I change the sub task it would be useful for the last due date of the tasks to roll up to the story

2- Is there a way to show the due date on the story page. Currently all you see is the Summary, the Type, the Status and who it assigned to. Because the Due Date doesn't roll up to the story, you can't quickly see whether the sub task Due Dates are later than the story due date 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

Not natively, as there are so many different things people might want to do with fields on issues and their sub-tasks, there's no code for handling a wide generic case.  Issues and sub-tasks are separate entities, so there's no simple rules for a relationship.

You are going to need to find or write code to implement the rules you want for the due dates on the issues.

On point 2 though, yes - you can add due date to the sub-task display.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-to-display-custom-field-of-the-sub-task-in-the-parent-issue-screen-163939652.html

Suggest an answer