I believe this is a bug, but in case it's operator error, can someone explain?
I added a new custom issue type to a project's Issue Type Scheme. There is only one default Field Configuration for all issue types in this project. However, when I edited an existing issue to use this new type, its existing, populated Story Points field disappeared, requiring me to re-enter the estimate for this issue.
That sounds like the context of Story Points is for the old issue type, but not for the new one.
Go to Admin -> Custom fields and find Story Points. I suspect you will find it says something like "Only use me on Stories and Features".
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs