Story Points Won't Extract

karl buesching February 27, 2015

I have a situation where I can export user stories from an unsaved query that have story points assigned, and I can export them fine.  

Another person (our product owner) can run the same exact unsaved query and export the results, but story points will not extract, even though they can see the story point field in the results in issue navigator.

I am a JIRA admin.  He is not.  How can he export stories with story points without needing to be JIRA admin?

Is it something else?  Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2015

Ok, so the "story points" field is definitely shown in the navigator.  Some quick questions:

1.  By export, do you mean "Excel export"?
  2. If so, are you using "Export current fields" or "Export every field"?
  3. Do the Story points come out if you use "export every field"
  4. Could you try the xml export and see if they're in that?

karl buesching February 27, 2015

Thanks for the reply, Nic.  

Yes, Excel export.  Exporting all fields does not include a column for story points.  

I just had him try XML and story points was present and populated, although, when I do it I see much more information than he does.  Curious.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2015

Hmm. Does it work if you use a saved filter? I have a feeling there's a known bug with unsaved filters!

karl buesching March 2, 2015

Use case 1: Today I watched him add the story points column to a filter and save it. When he exported the data there was no story points column. When he reopened the saved filter the story points column was gone :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2015

Hmm. Definitely sounds like a bug to me. Possibly two intertwined ones. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10303 was the one I remembered from earlier, but I think https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10308 is hitting you too.

Suggest an answer