Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Story Point Field Disappeared - Help!

Ebi Oteri I'm New Here Apr 16, 2021

Recently noticed the story point field on our Jira instance had disappeared. The story point data is still somewhere within the system, just the field was somehow disabled.

I have attempted to use the "Where is my field" function and it didn't help. See below screenshots:

It says the "Story Points" field is not present on the form in view, however, a few days ago we had the "Story Points" field displayed on this form.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.19.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.19.02 AM.png

Anyone had a similar experience?

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley Community Leader Apr 16, 2021

Hi Ebi

Have you brought this to the attention of the Jira admins of your Jira Instance? As they should know what has happened and why.....then either correct it or explain the "why" to you.

I presume this is effecting everyone? I also wonder if it is only impacting the project you are currently in, or many/all projects.

But again, these are things best addressed with your Jira instance admin team.

Good luck!!! As you are bound to need the Story Point field 😊

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Apr 25, 2021

Hi @Ebi Oteri

has this issue been resolved meanwhile?

I am wondering what else could be wrong as the "Where is my field?"-helper at least states the Field Configuration is intact.

Possible something went wrong (this however could only happen by human interaction - by an admin) when the context of the Story Points were adapted/changed somehow.

You can learn more about here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-custom-field-context/

In case this was resolved just let us here in Community know - I'd be interested in what the cause is!

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you