Story Issue Types Unable to Move to In Progress Column

Lucinda Marchant April 1, 2014

I have created a workflow with four columns, and as far as I know there is no difference between how I have configued issue types. However, I cannot move stories to the status/column of In progress from to do. I cannot see anythign that should prevent this, but I know that we may want to do this for small stories that do not need to be subtasked. Subtasks work fine in this way. Is there any reason why this might be?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lucinda Marchant April 2, 2014

So, I realised why this was. The issue was not that issues were user stores, but they were of the status reopened and there was no reopened -> in progress transition.

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Hi Lucinda,

If you open the issue, is the transition button available in the issue-menu?

If not something is wrong with the Workflow, possibly a validation or condition is making it impossible to transition to In Progress.

Could you maybe also share a screenshot of your workflow? You can create one when clicking on "View Workflow" when on an issue's page.

Best,

Maarten

0 votes
Lucinda Marchant April 2, 2014

Hi Maarten

No the transition button to move the ticket to in progress is not there - I am not sure why. I haven't done anything to differentiate between different issue types. I have attached a screen short of thew workfkow we're using, along with the transition that isn't working for story issue types, it's pretty simple.

ARM Ltd. (old account) November 26, 2014

Hi Seems one of our users is facing the same. Is this some kind of limitation for the Story Issue Types? Regards, Areg

Suggest an answer