It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Story Filter still showing sub-tasks

I have crafted a query for a Board that I will be using as a monthy presentation to stakeholders.  I am using the pie chart gadget and filtering on component.  It is my desire to display all stories (no sub tasks) at a glance by component.  This is my filter, but it is still returning sub-tasks...even when including "issuetype != sub-task".  What am I doing wrong here?

project = "XXX" AND issuetype = Story AND component in (XXX, XXX, "XXX") AND sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX")

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Sean A Flesch ,

Can you try below query.

project = "XXX" AND issuetype = Story AND component in (XXX, XXX, "XXX") AND (sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX"))

Basically Sub Tasks are appearing from OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX") section. So enclose sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX") in brackets.

Thanks,

Avinash

Thank you so much Avinash! Worked like a charm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you