Story Filter still showing sub-tasks

Sean A Flesch November 27, 2019

I have crafted a query for a Board that I will be using as a monthy presentation to stakeholders.  I am using the pie chart gadget and filtering on component.  It is my desire to display all stories (no sub tasks) at a glance by component.  This is my filter, but it is still returning sub-tasks...even when including "issuetype != sub-task".  What am I doing wrong here?

project = "XXX" AND issuetype = Story AND component in (XXX, XXX, "XXX") AND sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX")

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2019

Hi @Sean A Flesch ,

Can you try below query.

project = "XXX" AND issuetype = Story AND component in (XXX, XXX, "XXX") AND (sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX"))

Basically Sub Tasks are appearing from OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX") section. So enclose sprint in openSprints() OR issueFunction in previousSprint("XXXXX-XXX") in brackets.

Thanks,

Avinash

Sean A Flesch November 27, 2019

Thank you so much Avinash! Worked like a charm.

Suggest an answer