Story Disappearing from Sprint in Backlog View

Adam Reusche May 20, 2022

I have recently added the workflow status "Blocked" to our workflow per a request from one of our devs.

When they use it on a story that is not in the current sprint, the story disappears from the backlog view when they refresh the page (this doesn't happen on the active sprint). Yet it still appears if you manually search for it.

This is a fresh project with nothing special added beyond the workflow statuses. Why is this happening? Where did it go.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hello @Adam Reusche 

You appear to be working with a Team Managed project.

After adding the status to the workflow did you map that status to a column?

Go to Project Settings > Board > Columns & Statuses. Make sure the status is mapped to a column vs. being in the Unassigned Statuses column. 

Adam Reusche May 22, 2022

This was it! Thanks Judy!

mabel.montalvo December 12, 2023

I'm having the same issue and all the statuses are mapped correctly. This started happening this week but not any of my other projects. I've cross referenced with 3 other projects and the configuration, mapping and filters are all the same. In addition, I'm unable to close older sprints because the stories are gone. This only happens when a story is marked done and done is mapped correctly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events