Storing the userid of the last user to edit an issue?

Nathan June 6, 2013

I'm integrating JIRA with another system and I was hoping to store the userid/username of the last user to edit an issue. When I say "store", I mean, "Save the username to a custom field".

I was hoping to be able to store the username on transitions between statuses AND any time a field is changed on my issue.

=-=-=-=

The reason why I'm hoping to do this is because I'm polling JIRA for changes, when something changes, I want to analyze who made the change... if the person that made the change is a human, then I'll update my other system... and vice-versa.

Right now my other system has a field, "last_edited_by" so I know if my integration updated the system OR if a human did... so I know whether to pass the change back to JIRA.

Without the ability to determine who is updating JIRA, my integration could get stuck in a loop (it updates JIRA, then it updates my other system, then back and forth, YAY!).

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2013

You can do it in a JIRA listener. The page also links to tutorial on how to do it.

Nathan June 14, 2013

Thank you... I was hoping there was an easier way.

Suggest an answer