Store user's deactivation date in JIRA DB

Roystine Machado August 12, 2020

We have a requirement to implement a process to deactivate users who are no longer with the organization.
According to our management we are required to sore the deactivation date of the user account in JIRA.
1. can we create a new column in the cwd_user table to store deactivation_date and store the date in it when the user was deactivated ?

2.  create a new table in the JIRA DB which can store the list of deactivated users and the deactivation date. Is this possible in JIRA 8.2.2 ?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi Roystine,

to be honest, I would refrain from adding "custom" columns to Jira database tables.
During (next) upgrade(s) it might break - for example because of a changing database structure.

Do I understand correctly you are using internal user directory for managing accounts? I am asking because for requirements like the one you described I came across installations where external user management solutions (Active Directory / LDAP / Crowd / ...) are in place. The documentation/tracking on when a user was onboarded/offboarded takes place there.

For the internal user directory there is no out-of-the-box solution that would some to my mind right now, I am afraid.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events