Store and organize attachments for issue

Alexander Afonyashin December 12, 2013

Hi,

Our UX-team uses a lot of huge attachments (like 70-100MB graphic files) for almost every issue they work on. Is there a way to utilize external (not JIRA attachments) attachment storage engine?

I think about WEBDAV (and post links to issue) but it requires manual intervention like creating dirs for every issue to organize files.

Regards,

Alexander

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Poole
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Hi Alexander,

Is this an issue that you have made any notable progress on over this past year? I too have an invested interest in this particular use-case, so let me know if you can.

Kevin

0 votes
Sergio December 12, 2013

Hi Alexander,

The storage system you use is irrelevant for what I'm going to say. That system would provide us with a link to the document, as simple as that. It can be SVN, CVS, WEBDAV or any documentation management system.

The idea would be automating the creation of a directory tree (fonders and subfoders) from JIRA. This can be done, i.e., with a webhook.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview

When an event occurs, your webhook would be called and it would do stuff (creating your directory tree wherever you need it). It could return a path to that directory and this path could be copied in a custom field in your issue. This way, your users would only have to follow that link to access documentation for that particular issue.

Of course, technical details must be taken into account, but this seems doable in my view. Remember this is only one of many options you have.

Good luck! Could you share your solution when you get it? Thanks.

Sergio

Suggest an answer