Stopping JIRA ticket progress at certain time of the day automatically

Karolis May 11, 2020

At the end of the working a day I have to stop progress on all of my opened tickets. Sometimes I forget to do that.

Question. Is there a way to stop all my open JIRA tickets' progress automatically at a certain time of the day, every day?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

Hi @Karolis 

As far as I understood you want to transition all issues (Stop progress) that assigned to you at the end of the day so that it won't count working hours.

If this is the issue, you can consider using Script Runner's Escalation Services.

By the help of Escalation Service you can type JQL as below

status = "In progress" and assignee = myuserkey

and schedule this service to a time in the evening (let's say 6pm) and pick Transition issue for Stop progress. 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.2/jira/escalation-service.html

I hope it helps

Karolis May 11, 2020

Thank you, Tuncay!

That is exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a try and come back with an update.

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2020

You're most welcome!

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Karolis 

If you use Jira Service Management or another tool for SLA time tracking, you can set a work calendar to exclude from calculation time when you are out of the office. 

Or, if you need to move ticketing to not "in progress" statuses, you can use Jira automation. If automation settings are too difficult, you also can try SLA Time and Report app (created by my team). It has built-in automation actions, one of them is changing the ticket's status after the branched time limit you need.

Let me know if you will need more help

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

What do you mean by "Stop Progress"

Are you using Jira service Desk with SLA? And you dont want the SLA to tick off while you are not in the office? You can set working hours in the SLA for that

Or are you using Time Tracking? As in you dont want to log time on a ticket for hours you are not in the office.

Or do you just want to mark your tickets as something other then "in progress" while you are out of the office?

vasanth January 11, 2022

yes, when i am not in office and want to stop issue progress

Suggest an answer