Stopping JIRA from creating tickets from emails but allowing adding to tickets from emails

Jig Bhakta November 11, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to stop JIRA from creating tickets from emails but allow adding comments to existing tickets from emails?

I am trying to stop folks in my company from being lazy (we also run into issues where sometimes JIRA won't create the issue due to some issue but it does take hours/days before we get to look at the problem).

Cheers,

Jig.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi Jig,

It should be possible for you to configure JIRA mail handler to only add comments to existing issues from email. At the moment, since JIRA is creating new issues and add comments from emails, I believe that you are currently using the Create or Comment mail handler. However in order to switch this behavior, you will have to drop the current mail handler, and recreate a new one by using the Comment Issue mail handler. By using Create Issue mail handler, only emails with issue key specified in the mail subject will be processed, and the mail body will be added as issue comment. More details on this, you may refer to the following documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email#CreatingIssuesandCommentsfromEmail-Addacommentwiththeentireemailbody

I hope that the info helps.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer