Stop workflow change based on checkbox

AW February 12, 2015

I have installed the Checkboxes addon.

I want to be able to stop tasks being moved from Open to In Progress until a specific checkbox is checked. Is this possible?

In an ideal world the error dialogue would also display the "add estimate" box, as nothing in progress should not have a time estimate.

Any best practice here?

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

You have a couple options; 1. You can use a condition to check to see if the box is checked. Until it is the transition won't be available. You can put a description under the field saying it needs to be checked in order to proceed, 2. You can display the field on the transition to In Progress and require it there. The jira-suite utilities or another plugin is required to enforce that. However they only post a message the field is required. You can also require the 'add estimate' box the same way.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

+1, I would go with option 2. Option 1 has the disadvantage that if the field is not checked you won't see it on the view screen and therefor you won't see the description (mentioning it must be checked)

Suggest an answer