Stop watching an issue when its done.

Deleted user July 11, 2016

As a reporter/assignee/watcher i would like to automatically set to stop watching an issue/ or issues when the issue resolution/status is set done. Is there any way to set up transition function in workflow or something else. Because solving it as a bulk change every now and then seems redundant.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

You could write a post-function that could blank out all the watchers, but I don't think you can do that on Cloud.

But I wouldn't do it.  What happens if it's reopened?

I think you need to think about why you think you want to do this.  It's not really a great idea - most people watch issues for good reasons, and want to remain involved even while they're closed (so they get told about reopening).  If they're creeping into your reports because you're using "is watching", then most people will instinctively add "and not closed" or "is unresolved" to them anyway.

Deleted user July 12, 2016

You have some great points. But it was a suggestion from our developers (we are mobile dev company) that it seems that if something is done and/or released it should not be available for watching. And even some of our developers use "Watched issues" gadget which keeps these redundant issues inside. 

Our workflow scheme allows issues to be reopened and they will also by notified by that action and after that should have an ability to watch the issue again.

On cloud it seems like there is no abillity to add such post-function. And even if we would do that as a bulk change it would be very annoying for employees to do that every single time after month or so. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

The "watched issues" gadget can ignore resolved ones.

>allows issues to be reopened and they will also by notified by that action

How?  Yes, you can name people in the schemes, but how do the watchers get notified if you've removed them?  The whole point of watching something is to, well, watch it.

If it's closed, then yes, you don't generally care about it, but then most of the time, you don't have closed issues being edited or updated, so they won't fire off any emails anyway (and if that is a problem, you can set the "do not edit" and "do not comment" flags on the closed status which would force people to reopen them properly if there were genuine updates).

Basically, I'm not sure there's any real use for removing watchers from issues, it kind of defeats the purpose of having them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events