Stop transition when blocked in OnDemand

Deleted user April 17, 2013

I'm looking for a way to prevent an issue to go through a transition, when there is another issue with a blocking link on the same (or previous in workflow) status. I know there are certain plugins that would allow you to do this on a self-hosted instance, but how about OnDemand. I can't seem to find a way. Anyone?

As a bonus question, how about more than one level of sub-tasks. Doable?

Thanks

Andreas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi, don't think this is possible with OnDemand at this point.

The closest to multiple level subtasks would be Structure plugin, which is again not available.

If you really do need plugins and OnDemand is problematic the best way would be self-hosted or 3rd party hosted instance by another vendor that hosts JIRA.

I've read somwhere (I can't seem to find it again unfortunately) there will be a change in how OnDemand works at some point, allowing for any add-on to be installed. Wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

That's plugins version 3. It might not be available for every plugin. It's a remote plugin architecture. Might not do what you want. Don't know yet.

Yep you're right. I asked Atlassian: "the claim that any one of the available on the marketplace will be usable, is highly inaccurate"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events