Stop progress if reassigned with Script Runner

Tim_Brigham November 20, 2014

I have a specific workflow that I'm trying to get set up. One of the things I'd like to do is execute a transition - the end result to be reset the state to 'open' - if an issue is reassigned. 

I have Script Runner up and working and a listener set up with a fast track transition.

If the assignee changes it does indeed try to run. The issue is that it only works if a user assigns something to themselves, not if they assign it from themselves to another user.

Looking at the permissions on my transition only the current assignee has rights to execute the transition. I'm guessing that this is running in the context of the new assignee and therefore doesn't have the necessary rights. 

How do I get this working? 

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2014

What versions are in play here? Yes, definitely tail the application log, if it can't transition it should report why not (in the latest version).

0 votes
Tim_Brigham November 20, 2014

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] indeed there was - 'only assignee' could 'stop progress' on a given task. I removed that limitation but the issue persists. Is there a log, etc I should attach?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2014

Is there a condition on the action that goes to Open, like "only assignee" or something? Your question seems to imply there is. To test your theory can you temporarily remove that condition?

Suggest an answer