Stop a service desk from showing in the help center

Michael Kirkland November 16, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing access to your service desk

We would like to have an internal service desk for our workers, and an external one for our customers.  Is there a way we can either assign specific user rights to a specific service desk when they register, or hide a service desk from the help center?

We don't want to give our customers access or visibility into our internal operations.

2 answers

1 vote
Keith December 16, 2015

Sorry @Paula Silveira but I cannot work out how to achieve what you are saying. If I add a customer to the customer list for ONE service desk they appear in ALL service desks customer lists. If I try to "administer" the user there is no way to know which service desk they are a customer of.

Can you please link to the documentation or provide a detailed step by step of how to ensure a particular customer is on ONE and only ONLY service desk customer list.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

Hi Michael,

The access to Service Desk Projects  through Customer Portal can be restricted to the users who are in customers list. You can follow the steps below in order to restrict the access:

1. Open the Service Desk Project
  2. Click on Settings, at the right bottom
  3. Click on Request Security
  4. Under "Who can raise requests through email and the customer portal (list of customers)", you can selectOnly people on my customers list can raise a request
  5. Click on Save

Once you do that, if customer A is not on the customer list of Service Desk 1 then he won't be able to see it on "Help Center", however if he's in the customer list of Service Desk 2 then he'll be able to see the project on Customer Portal.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Alexander Castorina November 25, 2015

Hi, I have the same issue as OP with the instructions you have provided, i would like to know how you remove a customer from a specific service desk? Thanks

Frode Haugland September 12, 2016

The problem them is that if a new service desk is added with anyone on security the external clients see it as well. I need to isolate one particular service desk, not make sure the setting on all the others are so that they cant be seen by the external customer.

Suggest an answer