Stop JIRA from creating Screen Schemes and Workflow Schemes for every new project created

Anantha Madhava October 23, 2017

Hello JIRA Gurus,

I am using JIRA v7.4.4#74006-sha1:cbc13d9.

Whenever I create a new JIRA project of the type 'Scrum Software Development', JIRA automatically creates  and assigns the following to the newly created project -

<project name>: Scrum Default Screen Scheme,

<project name>: Scrum Issue type screen scheme and 

<project name>: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme

I do not want JIRA to create these default Schemes. I have designed custom schemes and want the new projects to get assigned to them automatically.

As a workaround, I have created a JIRA project and assigned all the custom schemes to it. I use it only as template while creating a new project by choosing 'Create with shared configuration'.

Are there any better ways to handle this problem?

Cheers,

Anantha

3 answers

3 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Stop using the template. The template is hard coded to create new schemes.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

Hi Anantha,

creating new projects with shared configuration is the best and easiest way to avoid new schemes with every project. 

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

@Anantha Madhava What you are doing is the correct way. The better way to handle this is developing a new project template (If you have expertise in software development) .

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template 

Suggest an answer