Steps to migrate Jira Test environment Data to the Jira Production Data Center environment

Mei-Fang Chang August 14, 2019

We have installed Jira Server 8.3.0 in Test environment which contains all our users' data and Jira Data Center 8.3.0 in the production environment which has no user's data yet. Both environments are using MS SQL Server database with same password but different database name on different server. Is there any document or steps to follow to migrate all data in Test environment to our Production Data Center environment?

2 answers

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Migrating data from Test Environment to Production Environment is similar to create a stating environment.

You can follow this guide - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0712/establishing-staging-server-environments-for-jira-applications-959313337.html

Mei-Fang Chang August 20, 2019

Thank you for the link. I will try and see how it goes.

0 votes
Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hello @Mei-Fang Chang I am a product manager in Atlassian.  Would you be willing to have a phone conversation about your requirements for test environments?   If you are please send me an email at: Fselvas at Atlassian dot Com to coordinate a time and day that is convenient for you.  Thank you in advance 

Suggest an answer