Statuses sidebar disappear upon selecting another language translation

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi,

The problem I'm facing is that the sidebar in the jira settings disappears when you try to view another statuses translation. To reproduce this try the following steps:

1. Cog wheel -> Settings
  2. Issues
  3. Click on Statuses from the sidebar
  4. Click Translate statuses
  5. From the dropdown menu pick any language (or the same)
  6. Click View
  7. The sidebar should disappear

Notes:

• And just to clarify this, the sidebar isn't hidden and pressing "[" will not do anything.
  • Comparing with Edge dev tools, it seems that a whole class/div is missing. Now..I'm not a web dev, and I might be wrong, but comparing the two screens (with the sidebar and without) yields different results.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it a (minor) bug?

UPDATE: Same error occurs with the Resolution & Priorities translations.

1. With the sidebar

Sidebar_Before.png

2. Without the sidebar

After.png

3. Dev tools comparison

DevTools Comparison.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing this issue.

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same. The sidebar also disappears when clicking on “View” and it only appears again after updating the translations.

Based on that, I created a bug for our dev team to check:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates about the bug ticket.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2021

@Angélica Luz thank you for your answer!

I suppose that I could've opened that ticket myself, right?

Cheers,

Alex

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Hi Alex,

Bug tickets can be created only by Atlassian, so you did it right in reporting it to us first. 

On jira.atlassian.com you can create “Suggestions” in case you want to suggest a new feature in any product.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer