Status of Moved Service Desk tickets

Kevin Sweeney May 2, 2014

Atlassian Support,

Is there a way to track/find tickets that were originally opened as Service Desk tickets and then moved into another JIRA project (thereby changing the Key) for resolution?

Reason for the question is that we are using the Service Desk feature for our business team to report production issues. The issues get triaged and if the team determines a code fix is required the ticket gets moved to another project that handles all the development activity. So a Production Support ticket gets moved to a Development Support project (ie. PS-100 moves to DS-123) and the stauts and fix versions get updated accordingly.

We've had this process in place for awhile but now find ourselves asking about the status of all past Production Support issues. Answering the question is easy for the tickets that remain in the Production support project. What i dont know is the status of tickets that were originally PS tickets and have been moved to other projects. Any thoughts about how this could be accomplished.

Thanks

Kevin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Lunny May 2, 2014

Kevin,

I'm not with Atlassian support, but I do not believe this is possible. Internally Atlassian reassigns the issue with the new key.

You would need something like 2 different projects with tickets linked to be able to track the way you are describing. For example, having a Service Desk ticket created and then creating a matching ticket in the Development team area with them being linked issues.

*Edit:*

I was able to find something in the comments on this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Moving+an+Issue

The specific comment that might be helpful is:

Question: If I need to move issues between one Project to another that have different Screens/Fields - is there a way to retain the data somehow in the fields?

"One solution is to create a workflow action (call it "Hidden action") somewhere in a workflow that is associated with project B and only allow a certain group (call the group "hidden users") to execute this action. Do not put any users in this group. Create a screen with the fields "Field 1" and "Field 2", call it "Hidden Screen" Associate "Hidden Screen" with the "Hidden action". JIRA should now retain the data in the fields if you move from Project A to B. None of your users will be exposed to the fields but the info is there if you need it."

Suggest an answer