Status has disappeared

Angie Goodman December 4, 2017

We created a status called "Stuck".  But we just noticed it's gone.  I thought maybe I would find it looking at older versions of the workflow but I guess if it got "deleted" it is just gone.  I really need to find it because I'm assuming there are issues with that status assigned to them.  Any advice?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hello,

Status can not be deleted if there are issues associated with the status. I think sombody renamed it. 

Ah...that is a possibility.  And it's even possible that I was asked to do it.  Is there any way to trace it to find out when/who did it?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

I read the audit document but I don't see any status changes in the log, and I would think this would have happened fairly recently.  

What's interesting is I did find only one reference in the audit to "Stuck", in October, and it was a workflow change, that still references the status. stuck.jpg

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

Try to find Stuck status in cog item->issues->statuses

Angie Goodman December 5, 2017

Okay...to get to statuses, I have to go into Site administration -> JIRA - > Issues - > Statuses.  But there is no "stuck" status. 

Yesterday I created a status...just to test if audit log will pick up the "change".  I'm not sure if it ever will or not, but I do notice the most recent audit record is from Dec 1.   So either there has been nothing "audit worthy" since then or something is stuck. (no pun intended)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

If there's no "stuck" on the global list, then yes, either it's been removed from the list or deleted.  You're right in that it was definitely there, as the history shows it being removed from a workflow.

I'm afraid the only explanation is that one of your admins renamed or removed it.

Angie Goodman December 6, 2017

Is there no way to see the change in an audit log?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2017

If you can not find it the gui interface, then the record is absent. If you know for sure an issue which was in the status, you can try to search for an answer in the history tab of the issue

Angie Goodman December 6, 2017

Okay...I did some digging and think I've determined that it was a situation where the status name got changed.  We (now) seem to have 2 statuses with similar names - "HOLD" and "ON HOLD". 

When I started spot-checking the history on issues with these statuses, I can see that the ones with a Status of "On Hold", all except the ones updated in late November show a transition to the status of "Stuck", not "On Hold".

Mystery solved...at least enough to move forward.

Thanks!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2017

Nice to hear. Good luck with Jira. :)

Suggest an answer