Status description not updating

Julian Ting August 26, 2019

When I update the description of some statuses such as "In Progress" and "Done" in Jira Cloud,

Status Edit.png

the change is only reflected in the workflow edit page

Workflow Edit.png

but not the tooltip when I hover over the status in the issue view.

Issue Status Tooltip.png

How do I sync the two?

----------

Environment:

• Jira Software Cloud
  • Classic Project (not next-gen)
  • Old issue view (Set via User icon > Personal settings > Jira labs)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

@Julian Ting This sounds like a bug or a delay in updating a cache.  Try logging in from a guest or anonymous browser to see if you see it.  Otherwise you may need to file a support request. 

Julian Ting August 26, 2019

Thank you for your reply. I have tried accessing the same issue with an anonymous browser but the problem still persists. When you mentioned updating cache, did you mean on the Atlassian side? How often does that get updated?

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

I do not know that answer.  I do know some static content is cached to a CDN, but I'm not sure that applies to this.  Best next step is a support ticket I think.

0 votes
Julian Ting August 31, 2019

This behaviour is confirmed to be a bug by Atlassian.

Link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72871

Gov - LucioPiccinni September 11, 2019

I Julian, I have same problem. Did you find a way to solve this problem?

Regards

Suggest an answer