Status changes

Stefan October 16, 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to find all issues whose status changes from one to the other eg from DEVELOPMENT to TEST. Does anyone know any interesting solution to this problem?

BR

Stefan

2 answers

0 votes
Lime Trees October 17, 2017

Hi Stefan,

We have plugin Status History PRO which could help to resolve your problem. In the last version, we've added three reports that allow you to view statuses, find status changes, and summarize status changes on project. We also have a free version of this plugin - but it does not have the reports I mentioned earlier. More information you can find in documentation

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks!

Stefan October 18, 2017

Hi,

I have read the documentation and it seems that the reports contain what we expect. Especially the status change report. I have a question related to the Repeated parameter. Will this parameter allow us to search for a issue with recurring status changes? We would like to know which issue often returns from TEST to DEVELOPMENT.

BR,

Stefan

Lime Trees October 18, 2017

Yes, This parameter specifies the number of occurrences of the selected status sequence (eg. Status from: DEVELOPMENT and Status to: TEST). It accurately defines a relation equal or more than. For example, if you want to find all issues that have changed more than (or equal) twice the status from DEVELOPMENT to TEST you need to enter in the Repeated value 2. 

Stefan October 18, 2017

OK, this week I'm busy but next week I'll test your plugin and let you know if it's OK.

Stefan October 20, 2017

I have two more questions about the summary report.

My first question is about All data - can you explain how it works?

The second one deals with Worklog - the summary report includes the users table and the total number of logged hours for each one - is it possible to add this information to status such as IN PROGRESS and the total number of logged hours by users in that status?

BR,

Stefan

Lime Trees October 23, 2017

Hi Stefan,

The All date option aggregates data for all status changes to issues. The report aggregates all status changes that were ever made on all issues in the project. By default, this option is disabled and the data that is summarized is only for the current state - for example, the number of issues that are currently in the IN PROGRESS status is displayed.

Yes, In a future release, we want to add a worklog summary for each status. In addition, we also want to add JQL functions that will allow you to create status change queries. A new version should appear at the end of November or early December.

Stefan October 25, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. This week we start testing your plugin.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Hi Stefan,

use this JQL:

status changed from development to test

I think, you have to refine this query to get a better result, but this is the base query you have asked for.

Stefan October 18, 2017

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your answer, I have one more problem I wanted to find a issue with repeating sequences eg. issue where status changed from DEVELOPMENT to TEST couple of times. Is it possible to build such a jql query?

BR,

Stefan

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

Hi Stefan,

maybe something like that:

status changed from development to test and status changed from test to develeopment and status = test

Suggest an answer