Static text on Customer Portal Forms

nikhil.shrivastava December 18, 2017

Hi,

I want to add some static text on my Jira Customer Portal form, like description of my department. I was trying to find out some Custom Field but surprisingly couldn't find a single. The Message Custom Field(View) and Text Field(read-only) seems do not appear on Customer Forms. Please advise.

Thanks,

Nik

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

Hi Nik,

The easiest way is to set up a static text for the whole portal for a given project. To do that go to Project Settings -> Portal Settings. Note the 'Introduction text' field and enter your department description there. Then head to your Customer Portal and see if that's what you need. 

If you want to set up your description inside a specific request form go Project Settings -> Request Types. Choose a request type and click Edit Fields. In the next screen enter your description in the 'Help and instructions' field (plain text only).

More info on configuring your portal and request types is here and here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ivan

nikhil.shrivastava December 20, 2017

Thank you so much Ivan.  I was looking at all the places in Admin Settings :). 

Once again thanks a ton !

Nik

0 votes
nikhil.shrivastava December 18, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Hi Nic, Hope you are doing great, I have found your answers really helpful on many questions so I am reaching out to you for some additional help. Could you please review my question and let me know if it is possible on Jira Service Cloud.

Thanks,

Nik

Suggest an answer