Stash can not link to Jira

Simon F October 25, 2013

Hi,

i want to link Jira with Stash.

Both systems are behind a reverse proxy (squid). Jira and Stash are on the same machine and the /etc/hosts file contains the domain entries for both systems.

When creating the application link Jira can reach Stash via the Stash-Url, but Stash is not able to access Jira via the Jira-Url.

Any ideas why stash is not able to access the jira server?

Kind regards

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon F November 4, 2013

Finally the setup behind a squid did not worked for me.

So i changed the setup a little bit. Jira and Stash are now behind an apache with mod_proxy and are running on the same domain with the context /jira and /stash. This setup is now working.

Thanks for your help guys!

C December 2, 2013

Simon,

I'm also encountering difficulties in getting JIRA and Stash integrated. Do you mind sharing your port configurations for both JIRA and Stash (i.e. what ports are Apache, JIRA and Stash using)? Are you using HTTPS as well?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

Hi Chris (and Kevin above),

Have you guys raise support tickets as well? That's often a good place to get help from us directly.

Cheers,

Charles

C December 2, 2013

Charles,

Yes, I have raised a support ticket, but it's been a difficult slog. It seems there is a large time difference between me (in the U.S.) and whoever is providing the support, which limits our interactions to one email exchange per day. That's not very satisfying given the complexity of my configuration (JIRA & Stash running on a single server, behind Apache, using Siteminder Single Sign On and HTTPS). We are going on a week now and I don't feel any closer to solving my problem. I would _kill_ for a more responsive support process!

Simon F December 2, 2013

Hi Chirs,

did you tried the to set the proxyHost and proxyPort in the server.xml file, like @Ringo De Smet described?

Configure the proxyHost and proxyPort in the Connector section of server.xml in both applications. Then just create the application links as usual. I have both Jira and Stash running behind an IIS proxy server without a glitch.

As I see this jira can handle this configuration. But stash need to configured manually. The proxyHost in stash must be set to e.g. stash.example.com. Maybe this helps.

I finally choosed an other setup. JIRA and Stash are still on the same server, but do not have their own domains. They are setuped like this: dev.example.com/jira and dev.example.com/stash both are behind an apache. In this setup application linking finally worked.

Kind Regards

0 votes
kevin Davenport December 1, 2013

I'm having the same issue, did you make any progress?

0 votes
kevin Davenport December 1, 2013

I'm having the same issue, did you make any progress?

0 votes
Deleted user November 4, 2013

Configure the proxyHost and proxyPort in the Connector section of server.xml in both applications. Then just create the application links as usual. I have both Jira and Stash running behind an IIS proxy server without a glitch.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hi Simon,

That doesn't sound good. Your best bet is to raise an Atlassian support ticket and attach the logs of both systems, where we can hopefully help you further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Simon F October 25, 2013

I create the link in jira. After that jira is redirecting to Stash and in Stash there is an error message "Unable to create reciprocal link.- It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from http://jira.xyz. Therefore the link cannot be created." And i got redirected to jira.

I got this exception in Jira catalina.out

2013-10-26 14:29:55,811 http-bio-8080-exec-23 ERROR username 869x675x1 1kp235j xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /rest/applinks/2.0/applicationlinkForm/manifest.json [core.rest.ui.CreateApplicationLinkUIResource] ManifestNotFoundException thron thrown while retrieving manifest
com.atlassian.applinks.spi.manifest.ManifestNotFoundException
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader.download1(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:197)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader.access$000(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:44)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader$1$1.<init>(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:86)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader$1.apply(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:79)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader$1.apply(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:76)
        at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingValueReference.compute(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:355)
        at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingSegment.compute(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:184)
        at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingSegment.getOrCompute(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:153)
        at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap.getOrCompute(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:69)
        at com.google.common.collect.ComputingConcurrentHashMap$ComputingMapAdapter.get(ComputingConcurrentHashMap.java:393)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.AppLinksManifestDownloader.download(AppLinksManifestDownloader.java:134)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.manifest.ManifestRetrieverDispatcher.getManifest(ManifestRetrieverDispatcher.java:45)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.rest.ui.CreateApplicationLinkUIResource.tryToFetchManifest(CreateApplicationLinkUIResource.java:153)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker$1.invoke(DispatchProviderHelper.java:234)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$1.intercept(DispatchProviderHelper.java:100)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DefaultMethodInvocation.invoke(DefaultMethodInvocation.java:61)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.rest.auth.AdminApplicationLinksInterceptor.intercept(AdminApplicationLinksInterceptor.java:38)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DefaultMethodInvocation.invoke(DefaultMethodInvocation.java:61)
        at com.atlassian.applinks.core.rest.context.ContextInterceptor.intercept(ContextInterceptor.java:19)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2013

What is the error that you are seeing in the logs when you attempt to connect to JIRA from Stash?

Suggest an answer