Stash + JIRA On demand = disaster

Ricardo Oliveira January 10, 2013

I cant seem to have these two work together. When i click the tab "Source" an a JIRA item i get

"Server Stash requires authentication. Login and approve to view source."

and when i click there i get:

"Authentication failed! An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link "Stash (2f2233a8-5c4d-3a9c-a008-29050b2bc2fb) https://stash.thousandeyes.com com.atlassian.applinks.application.stash.StashApplicationTypeImpl@b36308"

I set up all the app links. This is really bad.

2 answers

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Ricardo,

Yes - you will need to create an application link (with OAuth authentication enabled) from Stash to JIRA as well.

To create the link in both directions, it may be simplest to delete the existing application link from JIRA to Stash and create a new one, making sure to check the Also create a link from '<name of your JIRA server>' back to this server checkbox on the second page of the wizard. Finally (on the third page of the wizard) make sure you specify that you have separate userbases. This will ensure that OAuth authentication is set up between the two servers.

Provided you have your proxy correctly configured it should pose no problem to integration. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Integrating+Stash+with+Apache+HTTP+Server for more details.

Our troubleshooting guide may also be of assistance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Integration

That said, I'm sure our support engineers have been in touch already and sorted this out :) but this may help future readers.

cheers,

Tim

Ricardo Oliveira January 16, 2013

I tried everything to only receive a message from atlassian support saying stash does not work with jira on-demand. github enterprise, here i go!

Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Ricardo,

I'll follow up with support to work this out. Can you point me at the support request for this? Although we haven't announced official support for Stash in OnDemand yet, it should be working already.

Feel free to forward me the details directly to jens at atlassian.com.

Cheers,
Jens

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2013

I'd guess you set up the app links incorrectly. If you check all of them really carefully and can't find anything wrong, then the next step is to read the logs - as it's OnDemand, you'll need to contact support (who will be able to tell you what you've got wrong, or fix the config on their side, or confirm the existence of a bug)

Ricardo Oliveira January 10, 2013

The links in jira are ok-i checked multiple times. Do i also need to setup links in stash for this to work? I have already contcted support but no reply yet. I can go from stash to jira by clicking on the issue but i cant see any code in jira .. Btw im using a reverse proxy on stash to be able to access it from port 80

Suggest an answer