Stash, Bamboo and JIRA

Jonas_Bygdén May 21, 2014

We've been running JIRA and Confluence for 5 years now, and have now decided to setup Stash and Bamboo.

What is the best practice for installing and integrating the applications?

JIRA and Confluence are running on separate servers.

Stash will get a dedicated server as well.

Should Bamboo also have a dedicated server, or is it better to run that on the same server as Stash for integrating purposes?

The versions I'm installing are Stash 3.0.1 and Bamboo 5.5.1

Any known gotchas with the combination Stash, Bamboo, JIRA & Confluence?

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2014

Hi Jonas,

I agree with what Peter has informed on his reply to your question. As well as that, I would like to amend that, depending on the releases you are running, you might be facing issues with application links.

Said that, I would recommend you on having a look to the following matrix https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+Version+Matrixwhere you can evaluate what versions you should/should not use.

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi Jonas,

The advantage of having Stash and Bamboo on seperate servers is that they will not impact eachothers performance. They can be run on the same server without a problem, but if you have the resources it might be better to give them their own dedicated server.

Integrating Stash, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence isn't really hard. It's mostly Application links you need to set-up.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer