Startdate and Enddate of the actual Sprint via JQL

thomas.gaderer May 25, 2020

Hi Guys,

is there a possibility to request the start-date and end-date of the actual sprint via JQL?

thx

Tom Gaderer

12 answers

1 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2020

Hello @thomas.gaderer

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to search issues based on the start-date and end-date of the actual sprint or display these fields as columns in the List view.

We understand that this feature would be useful in some scenarios, so we created the following feature request to get it implemented:

Allow sprint start and end dates to be searched by JQL and displayed as columns in filters 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

thomas.gaderer May 27, 2020

I hope this feature will be available soon, it would really help me

Like # people like this
Davi Uezono July 28, 2021

Looking forward to see this functionality as well. I added myself as a watcher. Thanks!

Keren Hacohen Zada October 19, 2022

Looks like it's still a suggestion

Vineeth Elattuvalappil February 15, 2023

This is very use ful for RTEs and reporting perspective on portfolio level.

7 votes
Stefan Hänni July 26, 2022

it's 2022 and we still waiting for this feature

6 votes
Bob Anson December 9, 2020

This is not SOLVED, it's just Asked (along with all the other can't-JQL-sprints-adequately issues)

4 votes
Pablo Etcheverry April 8, 2023

Hi Atlassian. Any update about this request?

4 votes
Lucas Garlepp December 28, 2022

This seems like such a simple data point - show the dates of the sprint... I wonder why it's not available?

3 votes
Gus Fort September 23, 2022

It does seem that these JQL requests for additional fields and functionality may not come before we are forced on to another platform. I do hope that Atlassian starts making any progress on these.

3 votes
thomas.gaderer July 26, 2022

some things will probably never be 

2 votes
Steve Kim November 16, 2023

Are there any updates on this feature?  It has been a few years.  Even if the update is we are not planning on making this available anytime soon.  Also, why does JIRA allow for multiple sprints to be allowed in the Sprint field considering this will only happen IF Jira moves the story from one sprint to another.  This causes so many issues when you query past sprints.  At the very least it would be nice if we could edit the field manually.

2 votes
Dimitri Mottet April 14, 2023

Would be very useful to build roadmaps!

2 votes
Stacy Haller April 12, 2023

I came to this thread looking for a way to find the actual sprint start date, but I see this is an ongoing frustration.

I know it's not an actual piece of "data", but I pulled the Burnup Chart and it shows the date & time the sprint was started.

0 votes
Ylli Dervishi January 24, 2024

@Petter Gonçalves any updates on this feature?

0 votes
Vajintha Chandran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 26, 2023

Are there any updates on this feature? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events