Start progress and Logwork

Anzor Chkheidze February 24, 2015

How to give group jira-users to Start progress and Logwork. Now it can only Administrator.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Jesse Josserand February 24, 2015

I need to Start Progress on a sub-task through REST API via curl - any suggestions?

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hey Anzor,

you can find the following permissions in the Permission Scheme that is assigned to your project:

• Work On Issues
  • Edit Own Worklogs
  • Edit All Worklogs
  • Delete Own Worklogs
  • Delete All Worklogs

The permission scheme can be found under Projects -> Your Project (in the top menu), then the "Administration"-tab and finally "Permissions" further to the bottom in the left menu.

Depending on how much your team members should be able to do, you can add them to the respective permission.

While this covers the individual permission to log work, it is required to have JIRA's time tracking feature enabled in order to log work and start progress.
This can be done here: https://YOUR_JIRA_URL/secure/admin/TimeTrackingAdmin!default.jspa

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Philipp 

Thank U! But what should be done to a button "Start progress"

philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hello Anzor, I'm not sure what you mean by what should be done to this button? Do you mean, how you can implement this? Regards, Philipp

All users (except administrator) not have this button.

philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2015

Hello Anzor, I imagine you have granted several users the permissions mentioned above and time tracking is enabled on your JIRA instance? Regards, Philipp

Suggest an answer