Standalone version of Jira?

Chris Sparks May 8, 2022

I don't want to do any cloud activities using JIRA.  I am a one man software business for now and I want all to use Jira locally on my PC.  I am not sure if a standalone version exits and it seems all web based.

2 answers

3 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2022

Hi Chris

Welcome to the Community!

Jira used to be available as a 'server' version, but this was discontinued last year and is now only cloud or 'data centre'.

If you work alone though, you could use the cloud version for free

Chris Sparks May 9, 2022

My only concern is data breach on a cloud.  It I had a server then it is here at my office and less likely for the world to see.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Chris Sparks ,

welcome to the atlassian community!

As @Liam Green said, server version has been discontinued. Btw, you can get a data center license and use it on a pc like a data center with a single node.

Fabio

Chris Sparks May 9, 2022

I would consider this is I can run it on Linux.  Then my windows system can be a client.  That would work.

Suggest an answer