Sprints and Kanban within the Same Project?

Mat Gargano July 16, 2015

I have my JIRA set up so that the clients I manage web properties for are set up as projects and each body of work (September Site Updates, for example) set up as sprints. This is working very well in my organization.

However, I also want to create an ongoing board of AdHoc bugfixes, for example minor bugs found that don't fall into one of the "Sprints" that I've created. Is there any way to do this? I could set up a Kanban project for each web property but that seems a bit cumbersome having 2 projects set up for each property.

I have the JIRA Agile Labs plugin installed on my site and one option would be to create a sprint with a date way in the future as a faux Kanban, but I am afraid that will mess up reporting or just have side effects that I cannot predict.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

I would create a Kanban board and base it on a filter! Let's say "project in (XX,YY) and type = Bugs). For your sprint boards simply edit the current board filter to "exclude" Bugs : project in (XX,YY) and type != Bugs

That way bugs don't shop up on your sprint boards/backlogs and you can manage them in your Kanban board!

Hope that helps

Cheers

Christian

Suggest an answer