I have a problem with JIRA Agile showing incorrect information in the sprint report and (because of that?) in the velocity chart. We started a sprint of 23 SP's, but after ending the sprint (with all stories resolved) the sprint report shows 3 issues that where not completed (but were not included in the sprint when/after starting the sprint.
Does anyone know what might cause this behaviour? Or how to fix this (even at the DB level if necessary)?
I hate my reports to be incorrect :-) so any help would be appriciated!
This is actually caused by a bug in the Sprint Report. It includes Issues from the Planned Sprint instead of the state from the Sprint start. It's tracked in these tickets:
- GHS-9790 Sprint Report does not include Story Points added to a Planned Sprint
- GHS-9797 Issue moved out of sprint before start, still shows on reports
This had been reported to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8029
I have the same issue, and used the workaround provided by Chris Edwards to clean up our current sprint. It made a spike in our burndown chart, but that is better than reporting that we comitted to much more work than we actually did.
While the issue is with the reports, since we rely on the Sprint and Velocity reports quite a bit, it means we will avoid planning future sprints in the planning mode, instead keeping everything in the backlog until we are 100% sure an issue will go into a sprint. Not ideal at all, and would love to see a fix for this soon.
I have similar problems. I even see a story with 20 sp's completed in one sprint, and completed again in the next sprint. When I check the log/history of that story, it only reports being closed in the first sprint.
My story points are off by 82 points when I check the burndown chart vs sprint report.
We did fiddle with planning quite a bit, changing assignments of stories to sprints, but not after starting the sprint.
This looks like a bug to me too.
We have the same problem described above. Issues remain in a sprint (in report view) when they were not in the sprint at the start (maybe were in the sprint during planning, as others described). Viewing the issues, they do not have the sprint assigned in the user interface, but continue to appear in the report view (maybe still assigned in the DB?) as part of the sprint. This has destroyed our reporting in JIRA the last 10 days or so.
A temporary solution is to move the issues that are not in the sprint (the ones that appear in the reports) and add them to the sprint. Then remove the issues from the sprint. This will move the issues from "Issues not Completed" to "Issues removed from Sprint". Which, of course, isn't 100% accurate but provides a deal more accurate reports, if that works in the short term.
Eddie, there were no quick filters used. When we started the sprint 16 stories (23 SP) were added to the sprint. One story was added during the sprint (0.5 SP) and 17 stories (23.5 SP) were completed. This is exactly represented in the burndown table (see images). Unfortunately, the sprint report shows 17 issues "completed" and 4 issues "not completed". Where do these 4 issues come from?
The only thing that might have had influence, is that these stories were initially added to the sprint during planning but where removed before starting the sprint. JIRA might have wrongly assign the issues to the sprint, which I then consider a bug.
For now, before starting a new sprint, I will make sure that I recreate (remove than add) the sprint before starting it, hoping that this might help in preventing this strange behaviour.
If anyone could tell me how I can fix the current sprint report and velocity chart, any help would be appreciated.
We have the same or a similar problem. During planning, the team creates the next sprint and adds/removes tickets BEFORE the sprint starts while the current sprint is ongoing. Some of them are estimated with story points, some of them are not when added to the planned sprint.
When we finally started the sprint, the Sprint Report did not only include issues that were in the sprint at start time but also stories, that were taken out before we started it. Also, in a lot of stories the SP estimation is missing in the report (which I assume has the same root cause as the other problem).
Today I saw, that now even issues that are scheduled for the next sprint (which was created but does not have a start date yet) appear in the Sprint Report of the current sprint as "Issues not completed".
I read through this bug report https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8029, but to me it sounds like the problem with issues in the next created and not started sprint that show up as "Issues not completed" might be another bug.
Help on this issue would be very much appreciated since these bugs screw up the reporting.
I too have same problem.
Items were considered for a sprint but later removed since they did not fit based on Velocity.
Sprint was started later with desired stories.
These items still show on the Velocity as committed stories (points) and well as in Sprint Report.
This screws up Velocity and sprint backlog.
We've locally deployed JIRA Server and it still dates back to v5.1.2.
I am facing a problem , I have created a sprint and there were 5 tasks in it , am 3 were tasks and 2 were bugs .
What I did.
# Four tasks completed
#1 task rejected but in the sprint status it is showing only 1 task is completed.
# When I create new sprint the completed done tasks are moving in that sprint too.
Here is my flow screenshort and sprint details as well.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG