Sprint over multiple Teams undesired

Benedikt Lenzen January 1, 2017

Hello,

we are working in 2 Teams.

Each Team has its own development iteration cycle.

This works fine with sprints till now.

We've got a project which is processed by both teams.
Each ticket is linked to a component for each team, which causes the ticket to be shown on both boards. 

Now the Problem:
When I'm going to add both team components into a ticket, the ticket is shown on both boards.
This is how I expected.
BUT the sprint of team 1 (where the ticket with both components is added to) is now active for both teams.
I'm not able to start the sprint of team 2, because the sprint of team 1 is already active there. 

Any ideas how to fix this or if JIRAs behavior is correct here? My only idea to solve this problem is to create a ticket for each team, which is definitely not my preferred fix smile

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2017

The problem here is that you're asking two teams to work on one issue.  The system is doing the right thing technically - the issue is in a sprint and the sprint is active, so the board is showing it as such.

You could enable parallel sprints so that you can start many sprints, but that doesn't really solve the root problem that you have issues that should be split up to allow different teams to work on them.

Suggest an answer