Sprint field inconsistency

Jan Bernatik July 14, 2014

Hi,

I found what I consider an issue.

Use case: I accidentally moved closed issue from current sprint (e.g. "Sprint 4") to a future sprint (e.g. "Sprint 5") . I realized this after Sprint 4 was closed and sprint 5 was started. Now to correct my mistake I need to move the issue from sprint 5 to sprint 4.

There Are two ways I found I can try to do this. I can do it form "Plan" tab in Juno agile as a "Bulk" change with a single issue in it. If I do that, the "Sprint field" contains the actual sprint ID which I can edit (In this case I will change "Sprint 5" (ID 9) to "Sprint 4" (ID 7)) and the issue will be moved to Sprint 4, but it will be wrongly under "Issues Removed From Sprint".

If I try to move the issue to Sprint 4 by clicking on "Edit" in the issue, what I can see now in the sprint field shows me only the active sprint (Sprint 5) and I can't edit this field, with "Sprint 4" name OR the ID 7, it keps saying that the sprint does not exist.

I find this really confusing and inconsistent. IS there a way to move the issue to Sprint 4 and see it in the sprint report as "Completed issue"? It was completed during the Sprint 4.

Thanks,

Jan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2014

Hi, Jan.

I'm affraid it is not possible via user interface. Once the sprint is closed, you cannot change it anymore. If you feel comfortable, you may want to try reopening the sprint via the database, but you have to be very careful to be sure you know what you are doing (mistakes may be complicated to solve). If you choose to do it, I advise you to try in a test instance first.

Hope it was helpful.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer